Friday, September 6, 2013

Finally, a Finish on a Friday, and a Tute to boot!

Finished up these sweet pillows with some FMQ this morning!
Carpenters Wheel Blocks, 14" Pillows
Too bad I only have one pillow form for the photo!
It has been hot and abnormally humid this month, so I have been reaching toward smaller projects, plus they give me some valuable Free Motion Quilting  practice. I was inspired to try this little diamond-line design after reading a review by ChristaQuilts of a Craftsy class she had taken with Angela Walters (Dot to Dot Quilting).
backside, oops I missed a few lines there.... hmmm
Now that I've given it a shot, I think I will use a similar pattern for the X's on my Purple Kisses Quilt, a QAL quilt I made with Christa several months ago.
I finished all the O's and have changed my mind several times for the centers and x's
I made up some kits for these pillow blocks, to sell at the upcoming Sew Street Market, a parking lot sale scheduled Oct 12th at Quiltique, in Henderson, NV. I collated these vintage fabrics from a quilt kit so that each kit makes two blocks, which I chose to use for pillows. I really love the pattern, and may cut some more, from Christmas fabrics, to list on Etsy as well. For now, my little kits are package up and ready to go to market:-)


Linking up today with Crazy Mom Quilts , Can I get a Whoop Whoop?,  & TGIFF

Because I am heading to First Friday, our monthly Artwalk/party in Vegas, I won't be able to surf the parties until tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful pillows and the quilting is fabulous. Thanks for sharing. Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillows turned out lovely! I really like the quilting that you did on them. I'll be darn if I could find any missing lines! Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I think they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting on your pillow and the pillow of course....grin. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! Good luck with your kit sales. Your quilt is gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stuff. Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely stuff. Love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...