Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Mini Flimsy - WIP Wednesday

Seems I am on a real Christmas kick lately!
This is one of two tablemats I made this week. I hope to quilt it this week, but I think I will add a layer of wool first for a bit more poof factor.

I used Jacquelynne Steve's Quilted Potholders Tutorial, fully intending to make some quick potholders as a thank you gift. I liked my block so well though, I felt compelled to add the red border and more of the beautiful holly fabric. This may be my favorite of all Jacquelynne's prints - it is from Joy.Love.Peace.Noel. I mixed it with some red from Oh Holy Night. The prints from her lines often play well together. The sweet, low volume text print I re-stocked into my stash after it did not sell in my Etsy shop ;-) It is Minick & Simpson Christmas Past. Yum, I love this!

4 comments:

  1. Love it, I can see why you kept adding more, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Heidi! No wonder you wanted to just keep going and turn your pot holder into a table mat. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. I love how you placed the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...